We take our Health & Safety obligations very seriously
- All electrical staff have current first aid certification as required by regulations and legislation.
- New Zealand Electrical & Pumps has achieved the Totika prequalification for the construction industry which is also recognised by local councils
- Most of the team at New Zealand Electrical & Pumps have achieved confined space training and certification, working at heights certification. We also have trained crane and forklift operators. Wheels tracks and roller certified staff.
- Health & Safety meetings are conducted bi-monthly with all staff present. Bi-monthly team meetings attended by all staff include health and safety on the agenda.
- The policy statement is updated annually.
Company Health & Safety Policy Statement
We have a duty of care and a moral obligation to protect our workers and customers from harm. As the Directors, we are committed to health and safety and will take all reasonably practicable steps to provide a safe and healthy workplace for workers and others. Our business will meet our obligations specified in the Health and Safety at Work Act, regulations and AS/NZS ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Standard as a minimum.
Our business sets objectives to be achieved each year. These are documented in our annual plan and are measured and monitored through the Management Review process:
- We all lead by example
- Workers are trained and competent
- Our people are engaged and participate in health and safety
In ensuring health and safety performance is managed effectively, we are committed to:
- Communicating this policy to all our workers
- Ensuring hazards are eliminated or if not practical, reducing the risks and ensuring risks are controlled effectively
- Supporting the safe and early return to work of injured/ill workers
- Accurate and timely event investigations
- Consulting with our workers on matters affecting their health and safety and encouraging their participation
- Provision and maintenance of safe plant and equipment and safe systems of work
- Supply of information, instruction, and supervision for workers
- Ensuring processes for safe handling, safe use, safe storage, and safe transportation of hazardous substances
- Ensuring all workers are trained and competent to perform their tasks
- Identification and development of injury/illness prevention methods/initiatives
- The review and evaluation of our management system, objectives, and processes to identify continuous improvement opportunities
We require cooperation by all workers in achieving our health and safety objectives and expect workers will:
- Practice safe work methods at all times to prevent harm to themselves or others
- Report unsafe acts to management
- Report all injuries, illnesses, incidents, near hits and discomfort to management in an accurate and timely manner
- Actively participate to identify and report hazards and associated risks to enable management to introduce effective controls to eliminate where practical or minimise
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment/clothing supplied by NZ Electrical and Pumps where required
- Comply with documented procedures and instructions given by management.
- Participate in rehabilitation processes as required
This policy is reviewed annually or following any legislative or industry changes.